Wednesday 25 November 2015

Handmade medieval outfit for BJD MSD doll Ya (Resinsoul) and Lester (Souldoll)

I have started making these outfits in the beginning of November for a sewing challenge. Then I was sucked up into making the throne for the scene as well. The models are MSD: Lester (Souldoll) and Ya (Resinsoul).
Ya costume is made of white cotton under-dress, jersey fabric overdress and various ribbons. Necklace is handmade from random findings with added plastic rhinestone. The dress has got a small train, but I do not think you can see it.
Lester's outfit consists of: suede effect tunic, handmade buckles (wire was very thick, thus buckles are slightly "wonky"); there is a knife on his left arm fixed with a "leather brace". I've made the knife from air dry clay. Also faux fur was used to add some features to the shoulder and to the right arm brace. Trousers were made from jersey fabric (my old t-shirt). His claw necklace was made from an old earring.
The throne was also handmade and is a separate story :)

Talking about stories - there is a story behind the pictures, but I think I will not disclose it as yet.













No comments:

Post a Comment