Wednesday 13 May 2015

Nano Freya BJD is playing with her food

Recently, I've fallen in love with ball jointed dolls. Though, I have decided to start small and see whether this new passion will grow into another hobby. Luckily, I still can enjoy making miniatures for the these dolls and will probably start using stashes of already made clay miniatures which I have never had a chance to sell or to finish properly.

My first pilot run photoshoot took place at my desk with my Nano Freya. She is made from ABS plastic (not from resin, like other ball jointed doll (BJD). She is 12 cm tall only and sooooo adorable. If you want to see me unboxing her please watch this youtube video.

Her eyes made by me. Her "face up" was a very quick affair, it took me less than 2 hours including setting the pastels and acrylics with a matt varnish. Her overall was made in 2 days, it was hard work for me, as I am not a seamstress by any means, and actually not particularly keen on sewing, though I thought that this doll deserves a hand stitched outfit:)

Here is the scene: "Playing with my food" (tins of "Whichkas" I've made from clay, labels are of my own design as well)

:)

Mmmm... All for me!





ALL MINE!



No, please do not go, I will share my meal with you! I promise!




Thank you for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment